WebMailer Online Manual
This page is an excerpt of the most common features. Please refer to “Help”－”Online Help” after login.
- Go to https://postman.riken.jp.
- Select a language.
- Type in your ID and password, and click Log in.
“Login ID” is your Postman account name, which is the xxxx part of your Postman email address email@example.com.
Replying to a Message
Forwarding a Message
If you simply click icon, Forward will be applied.
Composing a New Message
Input from Address Book
- Click ( Address book icon ) in Compose Message window.
- Address Book window opens. Select (1) Personal tab – (2) Personal Address Book, and (3) Type a search condition if desired. (4) Select addresses you want to send a message to, from the list and click next to To:, Cc:, or Bcc: box. (5) Click Apply to complete the setting.
- To send the message right away, click ( Send now icon ) in the Compose Message window after filling out message subject and body.
Click ( Logout icon )
- Select Tools – Profile Settings.
- Select “prifile1 (Standard)” and click Edit.
- Fill out the following fields as needed.
Profile Name: Name the profile that represents the content. (e.g. Inside RIKEN, Outside RIKEN, etc.. ) Email Address: Select sender’s (that is, your own) address from the pull-down menu if you have more than one. Name Display: This is the name displayed as the Sender Name in the From field of the message in the recipient’s mailer. Set as you wish. Signature: This is your signature for this profile. Set as you wish. Cc:, Bcc: Set if need be. Reply-To: Set if need be. （ > Tip ）Tip : ” Reply-To”
This field makes sense when recipient replies to a message by simply clicking “Reply”:
- If this field is specified, the reply message will be delivered to this address but NOT to the sender’s address.
- If this field is left blank, the reply message will be delivered to the sender’s address.
Click Apply after entering.
- Click Save to complete the setting.
- The following is an example of a message when the above profile is applied. If you have multiple profiles (e.g. Inside RIKEN, Outside RIKEN, etc.. ), you can select one by clicking and making a selection from the pull down list of available profiles.
- The following is the preview window. (Profile name doesn’t show up in recipient’s view.)
Create a New Folder
- Select a parent folder under which you wish to create a new one, right-click (or Command + click with Mac’s 1-button mouse) and select New Folder.
- Type in a folder name and click OK.
Rename a Folder
- Select a folder you wish to rename, right-click (or Command + click with Mac’s 1-button mouse) it and select Rename.
- Type in a new name and click OK.
Move a Folder
- Select a folder you wish to move, right-click (or Command + click with Mac’s 1-button mouse) it and select Move.
- From the pull-down menu select a destination folder to which you wish to move the folder.
Delete a Folder
Move messages to another folder
You cannot move messages into the Search Result folder.
Set up Filter
SPAM email Filter
Go see Automatic SPAM Filtering Service.
Create Filtering condition
- Select Tools – Filter Settings.
- Click Create New.
- Type in a filter name as you like, set up conditions, specify a destination folder into which you wish to filter massages that meet the conditions and click Apply.
- Click Apply.